BEFORE THE GROOM:
- Please give your dog a a small breakfast before their appointment.
- Please check your dog is not carrying fleas.
- Please make sure your dogs vaccinations are up to date.
- Please make sure you arrive on time.
- Please take your dog for a walk prior to their grooming appointment. This will allow them to go to the toilet, expel energy and also releases natural endorphins which they can associate with positive grooming.
- Please have your dog on a lead at all times.
- I have a side gate entrance with a door bell and a sign. Please ring bell for assistance.
- Keep calm and carry on: Your groomer would really like it if you could try to stay calm when you drop your pooch off. Remember that the dog will pick up on any of your anxiety, and that will make him or her scared and more likely to squirm. A quick pat on the head and a “See you soon!” will suffice.
DURING THE GROOM:
- I groom one dog at a time.
- Grooming turnaround is 1.5-2.5 hours. I will give you an estimate time for your dog upon drop off. Due to the high standard of my grooming this can not be rushed.
- Please don’t drop in to see if your pet is finished. This will get him excited and anxious which will make the job much more difficult.
- Please inform me if your dog has any anxieties or has a history of biting or any existing skin conditons.
- If i am informed of the above i can work to gain your dogs trust and take extra precautions.
- My safety is my concern and very aggressive dogs will not be groomed. As doing so could lead to injuries.
- Sharp scissors, clipper blades and other sharp equipment can cause injury to myself or your dog, if your dog suddenly jumps or bites. There is always a rare chance of cutting your dogs skin or cutting your dogs nails. Please be aware of this.
- I take great care and precautions with my equipment, but all cost associated with Veterinary attention are your responsiblity if such injuries are due to your dog moving or, if the coat or skin condition are at fault.
- I will inform you of any abnormalities found on your dog whilst clipping and bathing. Such as skin conditions, lumps, fleas, or other injuries.
- Pricing can change. Based on condition of coat, fleas present, matts, or dog behaviour. I will contact you by phone if there is an additional cost.
AFTER THE GROOM:
- I will call you once your dog is ready to go home.
- Before and After pictures of your dog will be taken and shared on Facebook and Instagram. Please advise upon drop off if you do not wish this to be done.
- I do not have an EFTPOS facility as of yet. Cash payment is required at pick up.
- Please notify me or any problems or disatisfaction with your dogs groom before you leave.
- Once you come back to pick up your dog, offer plenty of praise and treats for a job well done. You want your dog to connect a visit to the groomers as a positive experience.
- I recommend rebooking your next visit at pick up to avoid disappointment. You will be given a next appointment card with the date and time of your dogs next grooming appointment.
- If you are impressed and pleased with your dogs groom and my dog grooming skills please feel free to leave a review on my Facebook page. Reviews are greatly appreciated for small business's. www.facebook.com/allbreeddoggroomingsalon/
- Most importantly lots of cuddles! :)